Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Great Speed Racer Episode

When I was ten years old, school would let out around 2:30 in the afternoon and I would take the bus to the stop that was the closest to our family home.  At that point I would sprint approximately 10 blocks to get home in time to watch the final 20-25 minutes of the Speed Racer cartoon. No VCRs or DVRs in those days.

Anyway, I would get home completely out of breath, and my Mother, knowing what a huge Speed Racer fan I was, would already have the TV warmed up ( it was the 70's) and Speed Racer tuned in to our COLOR TV.  

Ah yes.....good times my friends. You have to admit that the Mach 5 was a bad M-effer though. I was also very intrigued by Racer X, who later turned out to be Speed's brother. He was a mysterious dude for sure. I never got the mammoth car concept though, I mean it wasn't so much a car, as it was a train on rubber tires. Whatever.                    

Check out this cool Speed episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment